Quick FAQ Guide
- +How do I contact Vari?
We want to hear from you!
The fastest way to contact us is by phone. 0800 VARIDESK or 07 282 8994 to talk with someone about your questions, concerns, and for process updates.
You can reach us from 8.00 a.m.– 5.00 p.m. Monday-Friday, excluding public holidays.
You can send us a message on our contactpage. The message you write will send an email to our contact desk. Please allow 1-2 business days for us to reply. If you need to cancel an order or have another time-sensitive question, please call us.
You can also chat with our team when the "click to chat" button is available on the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. If we do not reply straight away, we will email you back within 1-2 business days.
- +What is the Shipping Process?
Vari NZ's Head Office is based in Tauranga. Our distribution warehouse is based in Auckland to ensure efficient nationwide delivery.
We offer free shipping on all products around mainland New Zealand.
Please note: remote, and Island locations may incur charges.
- +What are the Shipping Times?
Please note: Delivery times are estimated and not guaranteed
Auckland - 1 to 2 working days.
If an order is placed before midday, it will be dispatched the same day. If an order is placed after noon, it will be dispatched the following morning, with delivery 1-2 working days later.
Rest of North Island- 2 to 3 working days.
South Island- 2 to 4 working days.
Rural Delivery - 1 to 2 days extra for delivery.
Orders placed on weekends or public holidays will be shipped the next business day.
Keep in mind, and delivery times are estimated and not guaranteed. However, we'll always do our best to get your order to you as soon as possible and keep you informed of any delays.
- +The Vari Warranty
We understand that your investment is valuable to you, so we back it up with our fantastic limited warranty. Learn more about our Warranty Page
- +Is My Monitor Compatible with Vari Monitor Arms?
All of the monitor arms are VESA Standard-compatible and have a backplate with distinct mounting holes at 75 mm x 75 mm and 100 mm x 100 mm. This fits the vast majority of monitors.
The Single-Monitor Arm can hold any monitor up to 9kg, with no monitor size limits.
The Dual-Monitor Arm can hold most monitors up to 9kg per arm. With a larger monitor, you may experience placement issues.
The Dual-Monitor Arm 180 Degree can hold up to 9kg per arm. We suggest using monitors that are no more than 27" (68.5cm) across, diagonally.
The Monitor Arm + Laptop Stand can hold 14kg on the post, and 9kg on the spring arm. Because of the design and high weight limit, a 36" (91cm) monitor should fit. The spring arm can hold up to a 15" (38cm) laptop, measured diagonally.
- +How Do I Return a Product?
We stand behind our 30-Day No-Risk Guarantee. If you purchased a product directly from Vari, you have 30 days from the delivery date to try it out. If you don't love it, we'll pay to pick it up so you can return it.
To return the product, we ask that you repackage the returning product in Vari® packaging.
Vari Products and ProcessesWe get a lot of questions about our desks, accessories, and more. This resource will help you learn everything you need to know about our products, company, and processes organized conveniently into categories.
- +How Do I find Product Dimensions
The easiest place to find specific product dimensions is on the product page and in our product spec sheets.
It's normal for the edge of the keyboard tray of the desktop converter to overhang the front of the desk a little when in the fully-collapsed position. For example, the VariDesk® Pro Plus™ 36 has a posture curve (the curved indentation at the front of the keyboard tray), which should be aligned with the edge of the desk when fully lowered. The slight wings of the bottom tier will, therefore, overhang a few inches off the front of the office. Please note that it's important that the feet/base of all desktop converters are always supported by the desk.
The footprint of full desks is equal to the width and depth of the desktop. For those desks with manual rowing lift, the desktop may come out and towards the user, increasing its footprint.
Please note that no matter your desk shape, your desk should support the legs and base of any desktop converter at all times. For any questions, please call our Customer Experience team on 07 282 8994, email email@example.com or use the livechat on the site
- +What's The Best Sit-Stand Solution For Me?
This depends on the location, space, and fit for your workspace. Here at Vari, we take pride in our different products that will fit most spaces.
The main question is, what would you like to do?
- Replace your desk or,
- Keep your current desk.
From there, we have various options.
We have made a flowchart you can view here to find out which is helpful for you.
- +Does My Height Matter When Choosing A Desk?
Height matters when it comes to finding your perfect standing-desk solution.
For Taller Users
We typically classify people who are 6'1" (185.40cm) or taller as a "taller" user. These taller users may find that the VariDesk® Tall 40 is an excellent fit for a desktop converter.
For a full desk replacement, our Electric Standing Desk has the most excellent range of heights, from 25.5" (65cm) to 50.5" (128.27cm).
- +What Materials Are used to Make Vari Products?
We produce our furniture using high-quality, contract-grade materials detailed below.
We use only the highest-quality medium-density fibreboard (MDF), which is built tough and robust for many years of use.
All our desktop converters, full desks, and tables have been made with top-grade, heavy-duty laminate. Its luxe surface texture makes it resistant to scratching. The Reclaimed Wood finish has a slightly more pronounced texture than the others, in keeping with its more natural, wood-look character.
We use eco-friendly powder-coated aluminium in our QuickFlex Walls™ and Mobile Glass Boards for lightweight strength.
We use moulded plywood in our Active Seat. Its graceful curve provides a natural, smooth surface.
Our mats are made with highly-durable polyurethane. They're primarily designed to provide long-lasting comfort as you stand while working. To lengthen the lifetime of your mat, we suggest you don't use a chair over them.
We use PET felt, which is made from recycled sources and is specifically designed to dampen noise.
- +Are The Products Certified?
The Vari range is designed in the USA and certified to some of the highest standards globally. When you order your Vari products in New Zealand they are produced to the same high standards, qualifying for the industry's leading product certifications.
Many of our products have achieved UL BIFMA Performance Certification.
GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD Gold
We're very proud to have many products that carry GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD Gold certifications.
How to Use Our Products
Learn about some of the basic principles that make your Vari product work.
- +What Is a Manual Rowing Lift?
Your VariDesk® converter seamlessly clicks into multiple height positions by squeezing the two handles and either pulling up to raise it up and out or pushing down and back to lower. This allows you to adjust your VariDesk converter to your specific height setting easily.
We designed our patented rowing-lift for optimal posture, so you can lift up and back and leverage the strength in your lower body. While raising or lowering your desk, we suggest you bend from the waist and maintain a straight back. Our spring-assist will help you out.
For those lighter products, we used a straight up-and-down lift to keep a small footprint. We kept the product weight and weight limit light to keep the pressure off your back.
- +What Is An Electric Lift?
- Our electric desks come with smooth height adjustments at the touch of a button. Make sure you're within reach of a power outlet when placing this desk. Additionally, our Electric Standing Desks come with programmable height settings
- +What Happens When I Lower My Desktop Converter?
- To adjust your desk from sitting mode to standing mode, your office set up (monitor, keyboard and mouse) does not need to be moved. The desk moves with your office set up, so you do not need to adjust your workspace every time you change position. How easy! Please note that when using a desktop converter, when completely lowered, the bottom tier will be 2cm above the surface of your desk—consider how this may affect your sitting posture.
- +Will A Desktop Converter Work On Any Desk?
Almost all writing and computer desks are compatible with VariDesk converters.
However, our desktop converters are not designed for glass-top desks. Always check the weight limit of your existing desk to make sure it can hold the VariDesk converter and all personal items.
Purchasing and Payment
Find the perfect purchasing process for you.
- +What Are The Payment Options?
You can pay with a credit card on the website or over the phone. If you have problems with a credit card payment, please call 07 282 8994.
Online credit card payments are secured by eWay and are PCI Level 1 Compliant to ensure your data is safe. We do not store any credit card information.
Payment plans: We have Laybuy and Afterpay available at checkout which allows you to stagger your payments over several weeks (4-6 weeks). If you use this option we ship the goods at the time of your order.
Email the friendly team on firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements, and we will create an invoice. Please advise the product SKU number, quantities and your billing and delivery details. We dispatch once we have received payment into our bank account.
Once you have received your invoice, you can call our friendly team to pay over the phone with a credit card by phoning 07 282 8994
If you are ordering regularly or planning to, you may be eligible to create an account with us. Our payment terms for on-account are the 20th of the following month. Please email email@example.com or phone 07 282 8994 for more details.
We will send you our Terms of Trade and require this to be completed before any orders. On Account customers can order by supplying us with your internal purchase order number or reference.
- +Can I Purchase Internationally?
- Modowest Ltd (that's us) are the exclusive NZ distributor for the Vari range of products. If you are purchasing a product for a New Zealand based customer you are in the right place. If you require an item for the Pacific Islands please get in touch to discuss. For all other regions/countries please head over to www.vari.com for further support
Shipping, Returns, and Repairs
- +Can I exchange an order?
- At this time, we are not able to make exchanges—instead of exchanging, we will initiate a return and issue a refund for the original item once it's returned to our warehouse. You can purchase the new product right away, or you can choose to wait for the refund from the first purchase.
- +How Long Does It Take to Receive a Refund?
- Refund times are subject to change. However, we typically release funds back to your payment method once returned items are receipted. We process refunds as a priority and the payments gateways usually take 3-5 days to send funds to you
- +What Happens If my Product Needs A Repair?
- Feel free to call for a replacement of a damaged product within the first 30 days and call for a warranty claim within the time stated for your warranty. Please note that we might not have extra parts or pieces available to sell or send to our clients, and we don't dispatch repair teams. We make it as simple as possible to get you back to work with a full product replacement.